I finished it today.
Quite happy with the result. The great thing about it is that it gave me LOTS of ideas and inspiration to create other artworks. You see, the little cheeks of the lady are painted with watercolour, very slightly. It’s a first for me, so I was extra cautious as I did it at the end and didn’t want to risk spoiling the embroidery.
But next time, I will start with adding paint on the fabric, and create a colourful background. I am sure it can be lovely.
The Princess has been sewn with the free motion embroidery technique (darning foot, stitch length set to zero) and so is the appliqué. The crown is hand embroidered.
All made with love 🙂